Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Windows

Has anyone ever been able to negotiate 10% off the price but still walk away paying more than the quoted price? Well, it happened to Helen today when she ordered the windows. It seems the quote we got has run out (1 month expiry period) and they have had a price rise since then. The window guy told me that silver (aluminium) colour was standard when i was in the shop yesterday. But when I ordered them today, he told me that they were an extra 10% on top of the quoted price. My (pitiful) attempt at arguing resulted in him not adding the 5% price rise and instead of charging us 10% for the silver colour, he offered to charge us only 5%. So in summary, I negotiated a 10% discount on the cost of the windows but it ended up costing us $600 dollars more than the initial quoted price! Only me!

1 comment:

melika said...

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read! That sounds like something that would happen to my partner. hehe